Saturday, April 30, 2011

Life in the fast lane

Yes, well obviously One more thing.... really did become one more thing, and it was one more thing I have ignored for quite some time! It has been a crazy and busy semester - babies have been born; I've celebrated another year of life; we've shared the loss of life with friends; we've been to see Mickey; we've weathered the storms; we've played in the snow...shall I continue?!?

My mom always said that the older you get the faster time seems to fly. Well, I can now truly appreciate that statement. It seems like I was just complaining about my wimpy snow babies, and now we are just weeks away from the end of the school year! Whew - time really has flown!!!

Interestingly enough, the end of this school year brings me to my next stream of thought - this fall, I will have a third grader and a FIRST grader! Gasp!!! My BABY will be in "real" school.  Be still my heart. She was only one week old when we moved to DeSoto County. At this point, as a family, we have lived here longer than any where we have ever been. Wow!

The reflection on our time here takes me back to the week that I'm still not quite sure how we survived!!! It was May 23, 2005. I was 39 weeks pregnant; Emily was 2 1/2 yrs. old, and I had just walked out of Houston Middle School for the last time with an armload of "we'll miss you" gifts from my dear friends and co-workers there. Mel, Emily, and I headed to Ackerman and spent the night in preparation for our thirty-minute drive at 5:30 a.m. the next morning to Oktibbeha County Hospital where our sweet Allie would join our family. Two days later, on Thursday, we headed home as a family of four. On Friday, Mel and my dad, drove to Olive Branch to do the final walk-through on our new home. We feverishly packed all weekend, then headed to OB with a week-old baby to close on our new house. Upon return to Houston that day, we were welcomed by 9 new baby Bassett hounds, compliments of our sweet dog Bette. The next day we closed on the sell of Houston home, and moved three hours away from my family to our home in Olive Branch with a 2 1/2 yr old, a one-week old, and 9 one-day old puppies. Praise the Lord we survived!

Well, that's enough of a trip down memory lane for now, but wait, one more thing... although it was a tumultuous and emotional move, we wouldn't trade our time and lives here for anything. We have been blessed with great jobs, loving friends, and tons of unique opportunities for our family and children.

Until I think of one more thing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment